The Importance Of Sleep
Though it may seem impossible at this point in your pregnancy, sleeping well at night will help tremendously.
Here are some suggestions:
- Practice your relaxation techniques.
- Have your partner give you a gentle, relaxing massage.
- Arrange your pillows under your knees, belly, and shoulders.
- Sleep with a long body pillow.
- Take deep, slow, even breaths.
- Drink warm milk before bed.
- Take a warm, relaxing bath before bed.
- Take long soaks in the tub. The pressure of the water around your body forces fluid out of your tissues and relieves swelling.
- Avoid eating just before bed.
- The hormone progesterone relaxes and slows intestinal movement, and your growing baby and uterus slow down bowel activity. This can create gas, indigestion and constipation.