For The Labor Partner
Unfortunately, some women must go through this entire life-altering experience without their baby's father. Because of this, we have purposely avoided using gender-specific pronouns in this
book, opting to use more all-inclusive language in support of situations where all "birthing partners" can be involved. Whether husband or partner in marriage, boyfriend, girlfriend...or just
friend: Your involvement is warmly welcomed by your doctor or nurse-midwife, and the folks here at BeBeVu!
- Attend the prenatal visits with your partner and talk with her physician or nurse-midwife.
- Read books on pregnancy, labor and fatherhood.
- Talk to male friends who have children. Discuss the experience with your father, if possible.
- Attend prenatal and prepared childbirth classes.
- Sign up for expectant father classes.